There are several forms of magnesium and identifying the most absorbable magnesium is essential to aid people who lack it. The primary role of magnesium is to help the body absorb the nutrients of other minerals. There are several different types of magnesium and identifying their differences will help in determining which among them is easily absorbed by the body.
- Magnesium oxide displays elevated levels of concentration but low level of bioavailability, only at 4%.
- Magnesium amino acid chelate form is magnesium oxide that is connected to a mixture of other forms of amino acids.
- Magnesium lactate indicates moderate concentrations with elevated level of bioavailability if compared to magnesium oxide. Used to treat patients with digestive disorders, this form is not recommended for patients with kidney problems.
- Magnesium sulfate has 10% elemental concentration and low level of concentration.
- Magnesium carbonate only has 30% bioavailbility with moderate level of concentration. This magnesium form gives strong laxative effect when taken in high dosage.
- Magnesium glycinate is a product of mineral ions and glycine. Because of its ability to easily transport minerals in the body it displays better absorption within the digestive tract. Though no one is unlikely to experience diarrhea for taking this, if increased in dosage, the person may suffer from loose stool, thus magnesium glycinate is not considered the most absorbable magnesium.
- Magnesium taurate uses taurine as its basis. It has the ability to enhance absorption and provides benefits to people suffering from sleep disorder and hypertension. It gives calming effects on the person’s central nervous system.
- Magnesium chloride has elevated level of bioavailability, as high as 90%. The mineral showed the highest rate of absorption ability in several studies. Due to its bioavailability, with very low to zero effect to people with renal or kidney issues, magnesium chloride, or magnesium oil, is considered the most absorbable magnesium.
The most absorbable magnesium can be optimized with the aid of some techniques. Magnesium oil can be best and easily absorbed if certain procedures are followed.
- A warm shower before applying the oil is best as dirt, acids and other elements are removed. Anything applied to a freshly cleansed skin is easily absorbed.
- Massage the oil to the skin when applying it. Massaging it stimulates the flow of the blood as compared to just by rubbing it to the skin. The massage also stimulates the underlying tissues thus enhances the absorption ability and distribution to the body.
To avoid getting stung, avoid applying magnesium oil to freshly shaved face and underarms. Never apply lotion prior to the application of magnesium oil. Lotion or moisturizers blocks the absorption of magnesium. Optimize the benefit by applying the most absorbable magnesium on clean, bare skin.