Health is more than just eating well. Below you will find some simple life reminders and ideas to invite you to deeper fulfillment, balance and happiness.
1. Give generously of yourself and your resources: While understanding where it is appropriate to not give, remember that all things operate on a give and take relationship. It is a truth of the universe, and taking without giving cuts off the very energetic supply line that enabled you to receive in the first place. The fear of not having enough is part of the fearful consciousness of lack, and therefore counteracting this thinking process reconnects you to a place of abundance.
2. View everything and everyone you meet with gratitude: It is a gift to be here, and everyone is a teacher. Those who irritate us most and are most difficult to deal with are often showing us a side of ourselves which need healing, or at the very least, giving us an opportunity to be grateful that we are in our body and not theirs. Meet their suffering with compassion, non-judgment. Remember that everyone is trying as best as they know how, and if they could do better they would. Note how you feel after judging someone versus how you feel after you practice compassion.
3. Focus on what works in order to solve what doesn’t: Problems, attachments and stories of the future and past create suffering. This type of suffering is a product of the ego. You are only responsible for your state of mind, your consciousness. No one can take that away from you. Know this as a truth and come into its power. Use your ability to focus on what is working in order to take care of that which may not be.
4. Dance like a fool to music every day: This practice allows us to move past internal stagnations and holdups, and enables us to connect to the spirit. If you feel stupid or uncomfortable doing this, this exercise is especially useful for you. Music and movement are a powerful form of healing.
5. Foster a sense of humor: You can be ambitious and hardworking while still being soft hearted. This is the mark of a well balanced person. Humor connects us to the heart, laughter, and joy, which is the nectar of life. By not taking ourselves too seriously, and acknowledging the impermanence involved in the physical experience, we can move past the limitations of the body and into a higher vibration of awareness.
6. Treat yourself to regular daily quiet time – study, pray, meditate; recharge yourself, nourish your yin.
7. Include exercise as part of your daily life. Experiment with an exercise style that works for you. Try yoga, pilates, martial arts, walking, running, bicycling, rollerblading, tai qi/qi gong, swimming, dancing, weight lifting or competitive sports.
8. Increase your circulation: scrub your entire body with a hot, damp washcloth morning and/or night. This also stimulates the lymphatic system encouraging detoxification of body tissues.
9. Avoid wearing synthetic or woolen clothing directly on the skin: As much as possible, wear 100% cotton clothing, especially for undergarments.
10. Avoid excessive jewelry on your fingers, wrists and neck: Fewer rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings and piercings allow your natural energy flow to circulate more freely.
11. Avoid chemically perfumed cosmetics.
12. For care of the teeth, use natural toothpastes which are fluoride free: Fluoride, contrary to popular belief, is actually not necessary for the maintenance of dental health and scientifically proven to be a neuro-toxin, (aka as substances which are harmful to cognitive function.)
13. Keep your home in good order: including kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living rooms. You are your home, this is your sanctuary. Make it a practice to keep it clean, organized and well cared for. If possible, include large green plants in every room of your home and office to freshen and enrich the oxygen content of the air. By supporting and maintaining life in your local environment you are nourishing life. By doing this you are connecting to something deeply sacred.
14. Minimize television watching
15. Avoid cooking with electricity, especially microwave ovens: Convert to gas when practical.
16. Avoid water with chlorine and fluoride: Use spring water or a good-quality water filter. Berkey gravity filters are an excellent choice for those who are not close to a local spring.
17. Chew your food well: 30 seconds per mouthful or more, until it becomes liquid.
18. Offer thanks before meals: Offer a prayer of gratitude especially the animal protein consumed, thanking this animal for it’s sacrifice and promising to use it’s energy in the spirit of service to the planet.
This will not only help your food nourish you better but also condition you to become more mindful of how much you consume versus how much you are giving back.
19. Do your best to be accountable, especially to your boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, parents, children, brothers, sisters, friends and co-workers: Communicate with them regularly, either in person or via telephone or email. There is no excuse for flakiness, it only takes a second to text someone and let them know if you are having a problem which is preventing you from showing up.
20. Most of all, create a positive attitude, wonderful environment, and practice daily the art of being a beautiful person: All we have is each other and the opportunity to practice being of service. Live in a way in which your presence makes the world a better place. Try to practice leaving places more beautiful than they were when you arrived.
Hopefully these 20 tips have opened your mind to some new possibilities for you!
As a thanks for reading this post and being a part of the Hyperion Family you can use the code “goodlife” this weekend to save 15% on your next order in the shop!
The coupon will expire this Sunday the 18th at Midnight!