The benefits of magnesium supplements are one of the most important nutrients required by the human body cell. In fact, half of the magnesium stored in the body is found inside the organs and tissues while the other half is combined with phosphorous and calcium in the bone. Around one percent of magnesium can be found in the blood, thus, the body works hard in order to keep the levels of magnesium in the body at a stable rate.
Spinach and other green vegetables are the top source in getting the benefits of magnesium nutrients. These foods provide chlorophyll molecules that contain magnesium. Whole grains, seeds and nuts are also considered excellent source of magnesium.
The benefits of magnesium supplements include effective transmission of nerve impulses, proper regulation of body temperature, detoxification, formation of healthy teeth and bones and production of energy. A healthy dose of magnesium helps in the effective absorption of calcium in the body.
Women get immense benefits from regular intake of magnesium supplements that include keeping themselves from developing osteoporosis, relief from premenstrual syndrome and menopause. It also helps in minimizing premature labor risks.
In addition, benefits of magnesium supplements in the human body also include protein synthesis, relief from bronchospasm, and improvement of the parathyroid function, boost the B6 and cholesterol bio-availability. It also helps in the prevention of gallstones, migraines, kidney stones, heart attacks, constipation, insomnia and hypertension.
Similar with other nutrients, the daily body requirement of magnesium cannot be satisfied through food intake alone. This is the main reason why magnesium supplements are recommended to be included in the regular diet of every person.
The top five health benefits of magnesium supplements include the following:
- Magnesium helps reverse the effects of osteoporosis. Studies have proven that ample supply of magnesium in the body helps the bone mineral density. Deficiency in magnesium alters the metabolism of the calcium and the hormonal function that regulates it, thus resulting to osteoporosis.
- It prevents Cardiovascular Disease. Dietary surveys showed that sufficient intake of magnesium helps in the reduction of stroke. Deficiency from magnesium exposes a person to higher risks of heart attack and irregular heart rhythms.
- Magnesium helps regulate the blood pressure. The supplement together with a diet that includes fruits and vegetables are excellent sources of both magnesium and potassium. These nutrients help in lowering the blood pressure.
- It helps in preventing diabetes. Studies have shown that people who are deficient in magnesium are at greater risk of developing type-2 diabetes and severe diabetic retinopathy. Magnesium helps in the metabolism of carbohydrates that influences the regular release of insulin. This process helps in controlling the levels of the blood glucose. For every 100 milligrams increase of the magnesium regular intake, type-2 diabetes is reduced by 15 percent.
- Magnesium helps to treat depression, migraines and insomnia. Other benefits of magnesium supplements include the treatment of other psychiatric dysfunctions that include stress, agitation and panic attacks.