Organic Coffee Beans
1 teaspoon Hyperion Chaga Extract
1 Bunch Organic Basil
Birch Xylitol (To taste)
Ratio of Water & Coffee for French Press (You can also use this ratio if you don’t have a French press)
Note that coffee beans are measured before grinding.
- 1 serving — 1 cup water (8 fluid ounces) — 2 tablespoons coffee beans
- 2 servings — 2 cups water (16 fluid ounces) — 1/4 cup coffee beans
- 4 servings — 4 cups water (32 fluid ounces) — 1/2 cup coffee beans
8 servings — 8 cups water (64 fluid ounces) — 1 cup coffee beans
- Grind Coffee beans in desired ratio and add to French press
- Mince basil leaves and add to the coffee
- Add 1 teaspoon of Hyperion Chaga extract.
- Press down French press, pour, add Xylitol to taste, and enjoy.
- Optional: Add 3 tbs of grassfed butter and 1 tbs of Mct oil or 2 tbs of Coconut Oil for a meal replacement drink, and/or 4 tbs of grass-fed collagen protein in a Vitamix or heat tolerant blender and blend for a bullet proof styled drink.
Delicious either way!
Herbal Properties and Alchemy:
Basil resolves toxicity, cleaning the blood and activating the smooth flow of it with its circulatory properties. In combination with coffees downward draining nature it helps drain toxins out of the body. It is soothing to the digestive tract,
In Chinese medicine the bitter flavor of coffee goes to the heart channel and nourishes the heart. This clears the mind, and alleviates symptoms of mania induced by phlegm accumulation. The herbal directionality of coffee is downward, facilitating bowel movements and urination. It also dredges the gallbladder clearing dampness, and heat, while preventing stones. One cup of coffee will move liver qi, which may be stuck, but too much coffee can aggravate liver yang, generate internal wind, and thus damage the blood.
Chaga, acts as a qi tonic, and immune system booster. Adding it to your coffee is a simple way to upgrade your coffee and get in extra vital nutrients without negatively altering the delicious taste of coffee. Chaga may even enhance coffees taste with its delicious naturally smoky vanilla notes!
I hope you enjoy this exotically delicious coffee recipe,