These He Shou Wu Sweet Potato Brownies are a delicious gluten-free and refined sugar free treat made with tonic herbs.
For thick, beautiful hair, strong nails, and healthy indulgence
Makes 10 brownies.
2 large sweet potatoes
2/3 cup of ground organic almonds
1/2 cup of buckwheat flour
14 Medjool dates
4 large tablespoons of Hyperion He Shou Wu Extract
4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
3 tablespoons of grade B maple syrup
1 large pinch of high quality salt (pink Himalayan or grey Celtic)
- Pre heat oven to 180 C. Peel the sweet potatoes. Slice into chunks and put into a steamer for twenty minutes, or until potatoes soften.
- Once they are soft and beginning to fall apart remove potatoes adding them to a food processor with the pitted dates. This results in a creamy and naturally sweet brownie batter base.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a bowl, before mixing in the sweet potato date combination. Stir with vigor until ingredients are fully mixed.
- Place into a lined baking dish (8×8) and bake for about twenty minutes, until you can puncture the brownies with a fork and it comes out clean. Remove the tray and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. This is vital because the ingredients need time to set and bind together.
- Remove brownies from tray, allowing to cool another few minutes before cutting them into squares
Enjoy these medicinal brownies as they strengthen your qi as a medicinal function of the sweet potatoes and dates, and tonify your blood. In order to build quality blood you need qi! As Chinese medicine teaches, qi is the commander of blood(circulates and moves blood) and blood is the mother of qi. Therefore, it is medicinally synchronistic that the sweet potatoes and dates tonify qi while the He Shou Wu supplements blood. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have!
To pick up some top grade He Shou Wu extract and to learn about it’s amazing health boosting benefits click here.